Chikara Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chikara Guild - Asda Story / Eden Eternal

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please help to do Guild Quest & Dungeon Guild Quest. Please help to donate gold so we can get a guild town soon
Reward roll function has been implemented please read up how it work, thanks
Ventrilo Server is up, please install and use it
Guys and Gals please post your Timezone Information into the Clan Events thread. We need it to plan our upcoming event, Thanks
Eden Eternal Server Time
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Where's everyone
Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyFri Jul 11, 2014 7:57 pm by Thebel

» I'm still here! Sorta.
Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:29 pm by Thebel

» Read please!!!
Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:28 am by Fallen

» funny pictures
Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 12:23 pm by Ellie

» To much to do
Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 1:15 pm by Ranien

» MioCute - Can't Play Anymore
Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 7:09 pm by meOmi

» help with the lag please >.<
Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:52 pm by MioCute

» Car Accident - I'm back! ^_^
Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 4:52 pm by Keyzersose

» have no fear chloe's here! :P ahahah! :D
Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:28 pm by Catalytic

Top posters
Ellie (724)
Cat's healing guide to Shaman I_vote_lcapCat's healing guide to Shaman I_voting_barCat's healing guide to Shaman I_vote_rcap 
Admin (522)
Cat's healing guide to Shaman I_vote_lcapCat's healing guide to Shaman I_voting_barCat's healing guide to Shaman I_vote_rcap 
Riitu (243)
meOmi (239)
Thebel (221)
xXxChloexXx (202)
MioCute (201)
Elementle (197)
hama (168)
SeptimReborn (167)
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 186 on Thu May 13, 2021 6:32 am
Eden Eternal Offical Website
free forum
Eden Eternal Wiki
free forum

Cat's healing guide to Shaman

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Catalytic

Catalytic

Cat's healing guide to Shaman Empty
PostSubject: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:53 am

Hey guys, Catalytic here. I just wanted to share with you guys how I play my favorite healer, Shaman and how I think a Shaman should be played. Feel free to ask questions, and I'll try my best to answer them. ^^
Note: This isn't me telling you how you should play Shaman, but rather my personal play style of one.
I'll try to update this periodically.

Table of Contents
I. Overview of role
II. Racial passives
III. Skill priority and overview
IV. Knowledge points
V. Certificates
VI. Tips
VII. Questions

I. Overview of a Shaman
Shaman is the third class in the Healing class branch, and as such, should be played as a healer. A shaman specializes in Area-of-Effect heals. During trials and 5-man dungeons, the shaman usually act as a secondary healer, making sure that he makes sure everyone in the party is healthy, while a primary healer is focusing on the tank. Alternatively, a shaman is also capable of solo healing some instances.
The main stats a shaman should get, are cast speed, agility, G-healing, wisdom, luck, and M-crit rate. My shaman focuses on cast speed/agility and G-healing/wisdom, with cast speed being most important. This is because most of the time, people die because the healer can't get a heal off with low cast speed.
Healing Shaman is weak in PvP and should only be used in PvP if you're DPS/Battle Shaman. But this guide is not about DPS/Battle Shaman.
The only useful heroic traits for a shaman are:
Cat's healing guide to Shaman Sham Sanctum - +15% Wisdom, +5% G-healing.
Excellent trait for any healer, as it increases your heals by a good amount!
Cat's healing guide to Shaman Sham2 Crack Shot - +10% Luck, +10% M-CRIT damage.
Also a great great for the added M-CRIT rate, and gives your crit heals a little more power. Although not as good as sanctum, this trait can be a little more flexible for multi-classing.
Cat's healing guide to Shaman Sham3 Maverick - +10% Agility, +5% attack speed.
Not a GREAT trait for a shaman, as the attack speed is useless, but the extra cast speed from agility can help a bit. I also think Maverick is the most balanced if you're gonna use all of the classes.

II. Passives
All shamans have the following passive skill: Staff Expert: Cast speed +10% when equipped with a Staff.
This makes it very ideal to use a staff when healing as a shaman. Although it can be hard to find G-healing/cast speed staves, you can just use M-crit/Cast speed staff instead.

~Racial passives

Human - Nature's Shield: Physical damage taken from attacks -5%
I find this not too useful for a shaman, even though I play as a human myself. May be useful in PvE. 5/10

Zumi - Wild Nature: All elements resistance +10%
Not a terrible passive, as it can help you survive some boss AoE that deals elemental damage, although this passive is unappealing to me. 5/10

Anuran - Wild Resonance: Increase M-ATK critical damage +20%
A really nice passive as a shaman, because you're bound to crit heal, and adding 20% to that really helps. 8/10

Ursun - Totem duration +30 secconds
Personally, I don't like this passive, as an initial totem already has 30 seconds, which is already long enough, and even if it runs out, I can just summon a new one. 2/10

Halfkin - G-Healing +10%
Very nice passive for a shaman, as G-healing is a major skill for you. 10% stronger heals is a great thing to have. 10/10

III. Skill priority and overview
Cat's healing guide to Shaman 33zg10g
Natural Punishment - Increases M-ATK. Deals Nature damage to an enemy and has a 50% chance to Immobilize the enemy for 3 seconds. No effect on boss monsters.
This skill is meh. The only purpose I see for it is for PvE and the immobilization, you can level it to 30, but then anything after that is wasted CP in my opinion.

Cat's healing guide to Shaman Qqnzv8
Thorn Shield - Increases a target's DEF for 30 seconds and reflects 30% received P-DMG back to the attacker.
A nice buff that adds a good chunk of defence at later levels, and it reflects! It's okay for this skill not to be with your class level, but when you hit 60 and have extra CP, max this fifth.

Cat's healing guide to Shaman 2m47kmo
Earth Energy - Increases a target's STR and INT points for 15 minutes.
A great buff that lasts 15 minutes and it increases the damage of everyone. (Increases INT and STR) Keep this up with your class level and max this fourth.

Cat's healing guide to Shaman Totem_of_Wrath
Totem of Wrath - Instantly summons a Totem of Wrath equal to your skill level for 30 seconds. The totem will cast Flame Wave every 3 seconds and have a 30% chance to Slow enemies for 3 seconds.
This skill is a one point wonder. What I mean by that is, you only use it when you have physical DPS in your party, AND you're comfortable with how much damage your tank is taking. That's because it adds a debuff to the enemy that causes them to take 50% more CRIT damage. Keep it at level 1, you don't need it to do damage.

Cat's healing guide to Shaman 28gtoxz
Totem of Grace - Instantly summons a Totem of Grace equal to your skill level for 30 seconds. It will heal party members every 3 seconds and have a 20% chance to randomly remove one debuff from each.
A great skill that adds another AoE heal to your arsenal. Although at low levels the heal is laughable, it heals for quite a bit at later levels, and it has a chance to remove debuffs from everyone. Keep this up with your class level and max this second.

Cat's healing guide to Shaman 214s029
Marks of Wind - Increases a target's AGI and LCK for 15 minutes.
A great buff that lasts 15 minutes and has more flexibility than Earth Energy. This is because everyone benefits from agility and luck. Keep this up with your class level and max it third.

Cat's healing guide to Shaman Rupf7p
Drops of Heaven - Heals all party members in a 25-foot target area. Also has a 25% chance to grant HP for 8 seconds.
This is it. A shaman's claim for fame, with this AoE heal that has a 2 second cast time, compared to a Cleric's 2.5 second cast time. That actually makes a HUGE difference. It has a chance to add a heal-over-time (which just add extra healing to it) and you'll be spamming this skill the most a lot of the time. Keep it with your class level, and max it first.

Cat's healing guide to Shaman Aw5cw0
Rage of Lightning - Inflicts Lightning damage per second to a target for 12 seconds. Also reduces the target's ATK SPD and Cast SPD. Stacks up to 3 times.
Just like Natural Punishment, this skill is kinda meh. Although, the animation of it is amazing. Go ahead and level it to 30 or so. Throw 3 stacks onto bosses if they require lightning to break/you want to lower the DPS of it. If you keep farming CP at 60, max this after thorn shield.

Cat's healing guide to Shaman 2h5irmh
Black Puma - Transform into a Black Puma for 12 seconds. Increases Move SPD +20% and EVA.
I don't even know why they put this skill with the shaman. It makes his kit kinda clunky. I only use to replace my mount so I could free an inventory space, but I guess it's sorta useful because you can use it in dungeons if you need to catch up. Keep this at level 1.

Cat's healing guide to Shaman Rvdjx0
Callback - Revives target. Character will be revived with HP and MP; EXP penalty will be decreased by 50%.
Potentially useful skill. It's pretty hit-or-miss. I'd only use it to revive another healer during a boss fight. Keep it at 1.

IV. Knowledge Points

This is my personal knowledge point tree

Supernatural Lore - Cast Speed +1% per level
15/20

Medical Specialization - G-Healing +1% per level
10/20

Scrying Knowledge - WIS +1% per level
9/9

Rainmaker - Healing effect of Drops of Heaven +3% per level
5/5

Awakening of Grace - Totem of Grace’s level has +5 added to its skill level
1/1

~~~Note~~~
With these knowledge points, you're left with an extra point. You can go ahead and put it into Animal Scar to make your Puma run faster, OR Thunder Master, which increases the attack speed/cast speed penalty of Rage of Lightning.

V. Certificates
Cat's healing guide to Shaman Shaman_example
You get this certificate combo when you use 4 certificates from a cleric, bard, AND shaman. By far the most useful certificate, because +15% healing is nothing to joke about.

Cat's healing guide to Shaman Shaman_example2
Gives +10% healing on your cure, and +10% damage on your earth shock. This is also a great cert because you'll be spamming cure a lot too.
I have both of these combos up at the same time

~Example of my personal certificates
Cat's healing guide to Shaman Certs
The top 4 activate healing master, while the middle cert and bottom 2 activate Revival Leaf

VI. Tips
Tell your ranged DPS to stand next to you and not to move so they don't jump out of your AoE heals, unless it's a boss where seperating is recommended.
Always have Drops of Heaven queued up and ready to be cast when those nasty AoE's hit your party.
Always have your healing totem out during boss fights, the debuff remover CAN be life saving.
You can also play Shaman as more of a M-Crit/Cast speed healer, but I prefer overall strong heals rather than a luck factor.
Cast speed, cast speed, cast speed.

Anymore tips you want me to put here, just tell me :p

VII. Questions

~Any questions you guys have, I will put here.

Quote :
how does that that shaman revive spell work ??

Callback is basically a revive that can be used DURING combat, and that's it. 6 second cast time :)

Quote :
does boosting G-Healing directly give more healing or does boosting wisdom do it.

I'm pretty sure wisdom gives 1 G-healing AND 1 P-healing, so boosting either wisdom OR G-healing will affect your healing power, and as such, both are important. as with your luck to crit rate, 1 luck gives .80 crit rate, so 1 crit-rate is actually better than 1 luck if you're going for pure crit, but luck benefits a variety of skills

Last edited by Catalytic on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:22 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
meOmi

meOmi

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 2:16 pm

Hey cat

how does that that shaman revive spell work ??onion77
Back to top Go down
Catalytic

Catalytic

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Answered in questions section~

Also updated certificates and heroic traits
Back to top Go down
meOmi

meOmi

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 5:57 pm

i got a question more or less about healing...

does boosting G-Healing directly give more healing or does boosting wisdom do it.

for example
11 g-healing vs 11 wisdom

cause when it comes to luck their about even (i think luck is stronger but u tend to get higher numbers from crit)
example of that is

10 luck beats 10 crit

but u normally find 10 luck and 16crit
Back to top Go down
Catalytic

Catalytic

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Answered ^^
Back to top Go down
meOmi

meOmi

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:36 pm

thxs
Back to top Go down
Catalytic

Catalytic

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 2:23 am

Finished certificates and have pictures to go with it
Back to top Go down
MioCute
MioCute

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:47 am

Omg....
Back to top Go down
meOmi

meOmi

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:32 pm

whats wrong mio .... are u saying his guide is better... CURSE U CAT.... as an entertainer i cant keep up with ur advising skills onion21
Back to top Go down
Catalytic

Catalytic

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Haha what's wrong Mio?
Back to top Go down
meOmi

meOmi

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 12:05 am

onion33 i new it.... MIO DEPRESS OMG END OF THE WORLD
Back to top Go down
SeptimReborn

SeptimReborn

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 6:24 am

My build is completely different onion40 onion46
Back to top Go down
meOmi

meOmi

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:00 pm

Septi This is not the place to argue whos build is better... because we all know

Im the best player in eden eternal onion11
Back to top Go down
SeptimReborn

SeptimReborn

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:42 pm

meOmi wrote:
Septi This is not the place to argue whos build is better... because we all know

Im the best player in eden eternal onion11
Are you sure ? onion48
And why does everybody call me Septi...what do you save, like 1 letter onion77
Back to top Go down
meOmi

meOmi

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Yes and

because u LOVE it (but more importantly i believe i started it) onion23

what happen was i would spell ur name "sempti or semti" then remember, after the post, that the there no m there and change real fast to septi
i never put the m there because every time i try to spell ur name with the m i put it in the wrong spot onion27
Back to top Go down
SeptimReborn

SeptimReborn

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 7:31 am

onion77 I believe you are the only one with this problem.
Its Ygdrassil. Septim Ygdrassil onion51
Back to top Go down
meOmi

meOmi

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:01 pm

yea how about i just stick to Septi

thats so much cooler mahahha
Back to top Go down
SeptimReborn

SeptimReborn

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 8:50 pm

onion21 onion23 its not!
Back to top Go down
meOmi

meOmi

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:09 pm

Teen members should learn there place AMAHAHAH onion10

and it is cool jsut like my nick name Meo
Back to top Go down
Catalytic

Catalytic

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:46 am

LOL. You were just a teen member yesterday
Back to top Go down
meOmi

meOmi

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 3:23 am

.... onion30 ... idk what ur talking about ... i always being a Junior member Onion115
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cat's healing guide to Shaman   Cat's healing guide to Shaman Empty

Back to top Go down

Cat's healing guide to Shaman
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Chikara Guild :: Eden Eternal :: Character Class Guide-
Jump to: